Recently, My boyfriend and I made vegan lasagna and I shared the process across my social media feeds. It turned out to be quite delicious! (I was surprised myself!) Anyhow, because so many of you were interested in getting the recipe, I thought I’d share it on my blog for easy access.
We cooked this lasagna on the fly and didn’t follow any specific recipe. So, unfortunately, I don’t have exact measurements for everything. Sorry….
- 1 box of whole grain lasagna pasta (Wal-Mart)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Green Onions
- 3 Cloves of Minced Garlic
- 5 small orange sweet peppers
- 1 small purple onion
- 3 cups of frozen spinach
- 1 bag of Morning Star’s Griller Crumbles (Wal-Mart)
- 8 oz. jar of Classico tomato and basil sauce (Wal-Mart)
- 45 oz. of Traditional Ragu ‘Chunky tomato, garlic and onion’ sauce
- Genova pesto (Trader Joe’s) *any vegan pesto will work
- Daiya’s cheddar style shreds (Trader Joe’s)
- Soy cheeze blend shreds (Trader Joe’s)
- Vegan cream cheeze (Trader Joe’s) *optional
- Italian seasoning
- Basil leaves
- Cayenne pepper
- Himalayan pink salt
- Crushed red pepper
- Mrs. Dash “chicken” seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add whole grain lasagna noodles and cook just until al dente. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, heat 2 TBSP of extra virgin oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add chopped Portobello mushrooms, green onions, sweet peppers and purple onions. Season the veggies with the Italian seasoning, basil leaves, cayenne pepper, paprika, Himalayan pink salt, crushed red pepper, and Mrs. Dash “chicken” seasoning. Sautee until softened. *When seasoning any dish you’re making, always taste as you go to make sure it’s perfected to your liking.
3. Next, add the frozen spinach and Morning Star’s griller crumbles to the mix. *You can add as much of the crumbles as you like. I added about ¾ of the total package. Next, add the Classico tomato and basil sauce chunky Ragu sauce. *Again, the amount you use is dependent on what you like. I like a lot of sauce so I used the entire jar of classic and about a half of the Ragu sauce. Simmer on low heat.
4. Place the first layer of drained noodles on a greased baking pan. Next, spread a layer of pesto onto the noodles. *This part is optional but I love pesto on all things Italian so I couldn’t leave it out here.
After the pesto, spread the sauce mixture followed by the ‘cheeze’. Repeat with more noodles, pesto, sauce mixture and ‘cheeze’. Top with one last layer of noodles, a thin layer of sauce mix and as much ‘cheeze’ as your heart desires. Finish with a sprinkle of parsley flakes.5. Bake for 20 minutes. *The ‘cheeze’ will not melt all the way down like dairy cheeses so don’t be alarmed!After baking for 20 minutes, we topped this lasagna with a Tbsp. of vegan cream cheeze. I’d never had cream cheese with lasagna before but my boyfriend insisted that I try it and I have to say it was an amazing combo! Pair this meal with some garlic bread and asparagus and you’re soul and taste buds will dance with contentment.
HERE'S HOW TO SUBSCRIBE & REVIEW
Want to be the first to know when new episodes are released?
Also, podcast reviews are pretty darn important to iTunes and the more reviews we receive, the more likely we’ll be able to get this podcast and message in front of more people. I’d be extremely grateful if you left a review right here letting me know your favorite part of this episode.
Join the Goal Mind Tribe
Are you enjoying this podcast?
Join The Goal Mind Tribe for a more intimate experience.
Gain access to the Private Facebook Group, receive exclusive bonus content, be entered into monthly giveaways contest, and join other awesome ambitious individuals just like you who are on their journey of self-development and goal achievement!
Work With Me
Are you an Entrepreneur struggling to reach your goals because of self-sabotaging behaviors? Are you motivated for change in your life but need help with managing your mind and overcoming limiting beliefs?
The Goal Mind Academy has programs designed just for you! Click here or use the button to get more information and set up a 1:1 Goal Mind Strategy Session with Adrienne.